Friday, January 24, 2014

Cave-in

A few posts bag, I mentioned that I was having issues with Blogger and my internet browser, and that I was contemplating a different blog host. Subsequent posts (i.e. everything between that post and this one) had been written via phone app.  But typing on a phone is ha-ard. And I like things easy.  So today I finally took some time to figure out what the deal was with Blogger vs. Internet Browser, and what my options were.

Apparently, blogger does not like whatever version of Internet Explorer I have been using. Which happens to be (according to Internet Explorer's web page) the most up-to-date version. So hrm. No fix there. Next I perused a couple other blogging hosts, to contemplate a move. But, I hate change (I am very RBI) and I've had this blog for a long time now! I didn't really want to relocate...  So my third and final option (which is the option I went with, in the end) was to download a new internet browser. Again, I'm not so good with change... but this was the easiest option, and I figured I had very little to lose.

I figured, if anything, I could just download the browser and use it ONLY for updating my blog (yeah, that's how non-change oriented I am). I downloaded google's Chrome browser, which is what I am using right now. So far, it's OK. I like the idea of a home page, with quick "app"s to my favorite places. And of course I like that it is compatible with Blogger, and YouTube (duh, it's Google) which are the major things I use the web for these days...

Anyways. The idea here is to make blogging easier, so that I update more often. We shall see.

Next post will be horse related!  I need to post an update on braiding progress (probably combine "attempt 2 and attempt 3" into one post.

Right now it is a whooping 32 degrees outside (Which is crazy cold for my part of Texas!) so I am huddled up inside, sipping coffee and contemplating a bubble bath. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow and, if so, I will be at the barn with my pretty Gwen :)

J

No comments:

Post a Comment