Friday, January 10, 2014

Perfect practice makes perfect...

Gwen is doing well! I got her out today on my 22' line and we practiced yo-yo, circles and had a long friendly game while I answered a phone call. She did SO well! It's literally been months since we've really played, but I was getting good responses off phase one including a reverse and half- circle backwards Whoohoo! 

Also, as part of my 2014 goal of attending a horse show, I have begun practicing braids! This is harder than it first appears (and it already appears pretty damn hard!) because I refuse to pull or shorten her mane. Yes, I am a little bit crazy. But, I know this can be done because I have seen it in person!

Anyways. I have never before attempted to braid hunter style braids, let alone on long hair. My goal is to practice every week end, with the hopes of being proficient enought to do my own braids when we are ready to show later this year. And, I want to document my progress! Below is perhaps the worst attempt at braiding ever documented, but I will show it because I want something to compare to next weekend. 
Ta da!!! 

The sad part is that the really GOOD braid is hidden from view by her lock of hair. Oh well! And, btw, this little length of braids took me thirty minutes, thanks to a very curious horse.

Till next time,
J

( posted using my phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment